The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 came into operation on 1 July 2020 with the exception of sections 110 and 114(4), which came into operation on 30 June 2021.
The Act aims to give effect to a person’s right to privacy by introducing measures to ensure that the personal information of an individual is safeguarded when it is processed. Contravention of the provisions of the Act can lead to steep fines by the Information Regulator.
Our team can assist with analysing your current compliance status and drafting and implementing a POPI compliance manual in accordance with the provisions of the POPI Act.
Our field of expertise include the following:
- Analysing the client’s current POPI compliance
- Drafting of a POPI compliance Manual
- Implementation of the POPI compliance manual
- Drafting of a POPI maintenance plan
- Training of key personnel